The question of the day: Farm Table or Cloth covered table? Not sure why…but I’m not a huge fan of cloth covered tables. Feels very wedding banquet to me. Oh wait – this is a wedding banquet…
Assumptions: (here comes the consultant)
1. The amount spent on tables, chairs and linens will probably be about the same for either cloth covered tables or farm tables.
2. I will be making my own custom runners from silver fabric that I picked up at a garage sale.
3. I will be decorating the tables with manzanita branches, small glass candle holders (possibly covered in die-cut grey paper), possibly with some small glass bowls of airplants. No big flower centerpieces.
4. I prefer rectangular tables to rounds.
5. I prefer white square plates.
Cloth Table: Cheaper if I go with slightly upgraded linens and wood (either white or brown) folding chairs. If I upgrade to specialty linens and fancy chairs, then it is the same cost as farm tables. The specialty linens will look nice – especially if I pick a pearl like white or a textured darker grey.
Farm Tables: The cost for farm tables is substantially higher. That means I will have to go with wood (probably brown) folding chairs. I wonder if the manzanita branches will bring too much wood texture to the overall look.
Hrm… I think I may have talked myself into cloth covered tables with specialty linens. Brilliant!